5 BORO BIKE TOUR PACKAGE WITH THE CYCLE OF LIFE
On the first Sunday in May, 32,000 cyclists of all skill levels come from around the world to roll through every borough of New York City on streets totally free of cars. For one day, the roads are yours, the bridges are yours, the City is yours—there’s no better way to experience the Big Apple.
DATE: 3 – 7 MAY 2018
- 4 nights accommodation at The Walker Hotel, Greewich Village based on double occupancy (Single supplement on request)
- Based on 14.75% City & State tax and $3.50 Occupancy tax (all taxes are per room per night)
- Full American breakfast buffet
- Cocktail function on Friday evening, 4 May 2018
- VIP Start: Your team will be riding together right at the front of the Tour, just behind the pace car
- Limited-edition commemorative TD Five Boro Bike Tour jersey from Primal Wear
- Bike New York-branded hip bag (meets Tour baggage requirements) by Manhattan Portage
- Exclusive VIP express packet pickup at Bike Expo New York
- VIP breakfast and entertainment at the Start
- Timed climb over the Verrazano-Narrows Bridge
- Access to exclusive VIP lounge and gourmet lunch at the Finish Festival
- Invitation to Expo reception on Friday, May 4
$ 1 500 per person sharing
$ 1 300 per person non-cyclists
$ 900 single supplement
- Terms and Conditions apply, 50% non-refundable deposit required on booking
- Booking deadline 8 December 2017
Along the Route
The 40-mile, car-free Tour begins in Lower Manhattan (the start line is at Franklin St. and Church St., with entrance points for each of the four start waves running south along Church to Battery Park), heads north through the heart of Central Park, and continues on to Harlem and the Bronx before returning south along the East River on the FDR Drive. From there, cyclists cross into Queens and then into Brooklyn, where riders take over the Brooklyn-Queens Expressway before the heart-pumping climb up—and thrilling ride down—the breathtaking Verrazano-Narrows Bridge and into the Finish Festival on Staten Island. Here’s a printable map.
Start & Schedule
The Tour begins in Lower Manhattan in staggered start waves, which correspond to the color of your bib and bike plate (which you’ll receive when you pick up your rider packet at the Expo). In the event that members of your group are assigned to different start waves, please ride together in a later wave. (these times are subject to change)
Start Wave 1
- Departs: 7:30AM
- Recommended Arrival Time: 6:30-7:15AM
- Access Start Corridor via Chambers or Warren.
Start Wave 2
- Departs: 8:10AM
- Recommended Arrival Time: 7:10AM-7:55AM
- Access Start Corridor via Barclay (West side only) or Vesey or Dey (East side only).
Start Wave 3
- Departs: 8:45AM
- Recommended Arrival Time: 7:45AM-8:30AM
- Access Start Corridor via Cedar or Rector.
Start Wave 4
- Departs: 9:20AM
- Recommended Arrival Time: 8:20-9:05AM
- Access Start Corridor via Battery Place, Bowling Green, or Morris.
By the time you reach the Finish Festival at Fort Wadsworth in Staten Island, you will have conquered five boroughs and five bridges—including the longest bridge span in the Americas. Kick back and relax. You’ve earned it.